Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Don't drink the TEA!

I've missed a few days on here due to an awful experience with a glass of sweet tea... Yep, you read it right , sweet tea. This southern girls absolute favorite drink! It all started Saturday afternoon at a friends birthday dinner. We were at the restaurant and I ordered my usual with lemon of course. About an hour later I started to feel like I was DYING! I threw all my manners out and just cried and moaned like a tortured animal for hours and hours. My precious Hubby held a vigil beside me cleaning up all sorts of horrible things I wont discuss and silently praying for me. Finally he couldn't handle anymore and neither could I, he began to call an ambulance but we live in a very small town with a hospital that has a reputation worse than a crack whore ( excuse my language) so I wasn't about to go there.... So he somehow managed to carry all of me to the car and we proceeded to the best hospital near by which was about 30 minutes of PURE PUKEING HELL! When we finally arrived they took me straight back and gave me wonderful sweet drugs that sent me to a land where there was no pain... Only problem is they overdosed me, I stopped breathing, my oxygen level plummeted to 60 and they were about to tube me! Yes, nothing is ever simple with me... Anyway, they were able to do some special jaw manover idk what it was cause at this point I wasn't breathing and barely conscious but whatever it was, it began working so the rest of my stay I was on 100% oxygen which felt nice... Oxygen is one of those things that we don't realize how valuable it is tll it's not there. Whew... barely escaped that one. After hours in the ER they finally admit me and sleep is here at last... No wait, you want to wake me up for what? Ok... Sleep 15 more minutes.... Hey Glory, we need to .... You get the picture. This exhausted, poisioned, overdosed, puking, sleep deprived, miserably sick woman can't rest at all! The doc said I had to rest... So WTH? I decided after a couple of days this wasn't working for me, called my doc, told him why and he sweetly folded his hands and said he understood. Wrote my prescriptions and sent me home... With a severe warning to return if I became dehydrated again... HA! Return? No way! Hospitals aren't for sick people, they are torture chambers! I found it oddly unsettling that my doctor that KNEW I needed to be there, agreed that I should leave so that I could get the rest that I needed at home cause he KNEW I wouldnt get it there. Now my question is WHY NOT? What's wrong with a medical system that is more concerned about protocols than doing what's best for the patient? I just needed them to leave my monitors on, give me my meds and my I'VE fluids and let me sleep off all the overdosing and the poison... Instead I had to go home miserable, cause the I'VE drugs when you are THAT SICK are much better than the pill form. Therefore the puking returned.... Ahhhhhhh today I am better, thanks for wondering. My rant is over and I shall sleep now.., goodnight pink hippie, I hope "they" let you rest :)

1 comment: